python-list unsubscribe wackery?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Fri Oct 17 10:46:07 EDT 2003

The other day I stopped receiving emails from python-list (although python-dev
kept going just fine). This morning I decided to investigate and the Mailman
page for python-list had my address disabled due to too many bounced mails,
even though (1) the mail server here hasn't suffered any network outages or
downtime lately and (2) python-dev emails continued to arrive without
problems.

What's worse, when I looked at the list of subscribers to python-list, about
90% of them are shown to be disabled as well. Is there any way to check to
see when those accounts were disabled and, if they were disabled in the last
few days, to re-enable them instead of waiting for each subscriber to do it
manually?

-Dave