Why don't people like lisp?

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Tue Oct 21 03:34:11 EDT 2003

danbmil99 at yahoo.com (dan) writes:

> Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote in message news:<87ismkcp5d.fsf at bird.agharta.de>...
> [yada yada...]
>>   "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish
>>    thing."
>>
>>   (Anatol France)
>
> Did you know that Anatole France had one of the smallest brains on
> record?  See for instance:
>
> http://www.sciencenetlinks.com/sci_update.cfm?DocID=166
>
> search for 'anatole'
>
> Slightly OT I guess, but these threads get boring fast.
>
> ps on the topic -- any language that *requires* bloatware like Emacs
> in order to use is already out of the running.  I wrote my first large
> Python program in Wordpad.

        Jesus. Are you bragging about using a non-editor on a non-OS?

        Calling Emacs "bloatware" when you're using Windows seems more
than a little bit silly.

Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/
Fast Search & Transfer ASA           Phone: +47 23 01 11 60
P.O. Box 1677 Vika                   Fax:   +47 35 54 87 99
NO-0120 Oslo, NORWAY                 Mob:   +47 48 01 11 60

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/