Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 18:38:55 EDT 2003

Pascal Costanza wrote:
>> programming languages are NOT "mathematics", as some claim -- they
>> are engineering designs, and interact with human minds, sociology
>> of groups, cultural and educational features, at least as much as
>> they interact with the architecture and capabilities of computers.
>
> I definitely agree. Computer science is more a sociological science than
> a natural science IMHO.

Amen, hallelujah.  So, since I've decided to limit my participation in this
thread to c.l.python, would you kindly set right the guys (such as your
namesake) who (on c.l.lisp with copy to my mailbox but not to here) are
currently attacking me because, and I quote,
"""
Software is a department of mathematics.
"""
...?

Alex