Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 20:41:12 EDT 2003

Grzegorz Chrupala wrote:

> Rene van Bevern <rvb at rvb.dyndns.org> wrote in message news:<slrnbnr2pu.1qe.rvb at negoyl.vb-network>...
>

>>I know at least one more person who came to LISP/Scheme over ruby. Maybe
>>it needs ruby and python to enlighten people without confusing them with
>>a syntax they are not used to first. ;)
>

> I can't remember how *exactly* I came to use scheme (unfortuantely I
> don't keep a diary), but trying to reconstruct it looks something like
> this:

It would be valuable to have what you wrote next in:

   http://alu.cliki.net/The%20Road%20to%20Lisp%20Survey

Lisp there is defined as "any member of the Lisp family".

Aside: oh, great. Now the survey is going to get thrown off the ALU
Cliki by the Iki Police. um, could you all find something less
productive to focus on? Cutting and pasting thirty pages is /so/ helpful
to the Lisp community. Not!!!

You can be response #78...oops, #79.

Or e-mail me a go-ahead and I'll do the legwork.

kenny