Behaviour of filehandle.readlines() for images on Windows

Jorge Godoy godoy at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Oct 14 11:57:44 EDT 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to get a specific information from inside an image and it
works correctly on unices. What I do is:

  1. associate a filehandle with the image file
  2. get the desired line
  3. read the amount of data I want
  4. close the filehandle

While using Windows it only gets the first line with the signature of
the file. Any ideas on how to accomplish the same task?

I'm wondering if it has something to do with either (or both) the
magic treatment Windows gives to files trying to open them with some
specific program or the line ending convention (these images show fine
on Windows but were generated on a Linux box).

TIA,
--
Godoy.     <godoy at metalab.unc.edu>