Is there any good wxPython documentation?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Oct 24 06:35:38 EDT 2003

> About a year ago, I felt the same way about the lack of elementary
> wxPython docs as you do.  It seems that everyone who has had that
> complaint either goes away or sticks with it for a week or two and
> figures it out and then there is no problem.  Not to make light of
> your frustration,  but this question is some ways similar to "Why
> aren't there any good books for beginners on how to ride a bicycle?"

If you can read german, I recommend my book "Python und GUI-Toolkits", (MITP)
which demonstrates how to write an application with several gui toolkits.
Detailed sections are provided for PyQt, wxPython, Tk and Gtk 2.
It also talks about gui toolkits in general, so once you grapsed the concept,
you can transfer this knowledge to a large number of existing toolkits.

Unfortunately I did the mistake to not make this an english book,
because there is still nothing comparable on the market. Next time ;)

Cheers,