play mp3 files from python

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Tue Oct 28 00:32:43 EST 2003

Paul Foley <see at below.invalid> schreef:

> Better yet, make something to play Ogg/Vorbis files from Python, if
> that's what you want to do, and convert all your mp3s to Vorbis

If you look at the link I gave, it says:

[quote]
Audiere is a high-level audio API. It can play Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC,
uncompressed WAV, AIFF, MOD, S3M, XM, and IT files. For audio output,
Audiere supports DirectSound or WinMM in Windows, OSS on Linux and Cygwin,
and SGI AL on IRIX.
[/quote]

and on the features page:

[quote]
* Braindead easy API
* Supported file formats: Uncompressed WAV*, Uncompressed AIFF*, Ogg
  Vorbis*, FLAC*, MP3, MOD, S3M, IT, XM (* supports seeking)
* Streaming and buffered audio
* Volume, pan, and pitch shift modification
* Flat tone, square wave, white noise, and pink noise generation
* Runtime enumeration of audio devices and supported file formats
* Custom file streams
* Python, Delphi, Java, XPCOM (JavaScript in Mozilla) bindings
[/quote]

If it works as advertised, this should do what you want...  :-)

--
JanC