Simple Problems: Caps and Commas

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Oct 27 22:01:03 EST 2003

On 27 Oct 2003 23:44:21 GMT, rumours say that keflimarcusx at aol.comNOSPAM
(KefX) might have written:

>>This is what you are overlooking: the comma operator in the print
>>argument list inserts spaces between arguments, therefore also between
>>the variables and the literal commas (",").  saddy, city and state don't
>>end in a space, and there is no space in ",".
>
>Eep, I can't believe I didn't notice that. It's amazing what your eyes can do
>when you're not really paying attention.

That I can understand, being in an almost constant lack of time, so
quite often I send a hasty reply which, when erroneous, doesn't help
(and then pops up a clever youth like, ahem, Tim Peters to correct
things).  Just be more flexible (referring to your 'either - or' reply
to Robert) if not sure :)

>In that case, I'd just use the + operator instead of the comma operator to join
>the strings. Kind of lazy, but then, so am I ;)

String concatenation instead of interpolation?  Now, *that's* overkill,
performance-wise.  Don't let the Martelligenzia di Ottimizzazione locate
this post of yours, or you're in heap big trouble ;-)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix