Simple Problems: Caps and Commas

KefX keflimarcusx at aol.comNOSPAM
Mon Oct 27 23:31:31 EST 2003

>String concatenation instead of interpolation?  Now, *that's* overkill,
>performance-wise.  Don't let the Martelligenzia di Ottimizzazione locate
>this post of yours, or you're in heap big trouble ;-)

Eh, makes hardly a difference in code that isn't performance-critical, as this
clearly wasn't. :) I prefer to just go with the obvious when performance is no
issue. To me, string concatenation is more obvious than format strings. You can
just glance at "one"+two and know that the value of 'two' will come right after
the string 'one'. You don't have to look for the bit at the end showing what
goes in the placeholders in the format string.

- Kef