IDE Python

Harri Pesonen fuerte at sci.fi
Thu Oct 2 17:02:48 EDT 2003

Bryan wrote:
> Harri Pesonen wrote:
>> Jussi Jumppanen wrote:

>>> You did not specify which platform, but if you develop on the Windows
>>> platform the latest version of Zeus does this.
>>>
>>> Once you create a Zeus workspace, Zeus will automatically run ctags
>>> to produce a tags database, will populate a class tree with this data
>>> and it also the tags information for code intellisensing:
>>>     http://www.zeusedit.com/lookclass.html
>>
>> I just downloaded and installed Zeus, but it didn't have any
>> intellisense. I opened a .py file but it didn't add the class listing.
>> Also it failed to compile and execute it. It seems that it only has
>> syntax highlighting out of the box.
>>
>> Harri
>
> would you consider SPE as having intellisense?
> http://spe.pycs.net/
>
> i've been using this editor for about a week now and i'm very impressed.

It is much better, but seems to be a bit buggy. The first thing I tried is

re.

which opens a list of re attributes, fine, but when I hit "c" for
"compile", the list just closes. When I write

string.

the list opens and when I press "c" the list scrolls to "capitalize" as
expected. Also when I complete it and press (, it shows the doc string,
great.

Still it does not understand that "asdf" is a string so

"asdf".

should show string methods. Also if I write

reo = re.compile(r"#define\s+Py_None.*\n")

it should know that reo is a regular expression object. It should try at
least. :-) Simpler example:

string.upper().

and it shows nothing.

There are some real problems as well, the Shell window does not paint
correctly always. Overall, buggy but promising.

Harri