Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

Pascal Bourguignon spam at thalassa.informatimago.com
Mon Oct 20 13:03:10 EDT 2003

Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.oz.au> writes:
> <http://www.google.com.au/groups?as_umsgid=359BFC60.446B%40lanl.gov>.

The post at that url writes  about the culture of the Ariane team, but
I would say  that it's even a more fundamental  problem of our culture
in general: we build brittle  stuff with very little margin for error.
Granted, it would  be costly to increase physical  margin, but in this
case, adopting a point of  view more like _robotics_ could help.  Even
in case of hardware failure, there's  no reason to shut down the mind;
just go on with what you have.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/