server side socket program hangs

Jørgen Cederberg jorgencederberg at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 03:19:37 EDT 2003

anuradha.k.r at sify.com wrote:
> hi,
>    my initial program was to take host value as ''(INADDR_ANY)
> only.during my trial and error only i started using
> gethostname.however as of now i am running my client (C program) also
> from the same machine only.so it should not make any difference.
> I've reverted bac to host ''.my program still hangs.i 'v e tried
> changing the port address,but doesn't work.pls help
> thanx,
> AKR.

Hi

this is pretty odd. As mentioned in the previous mail, the program works
with my client program (written in Python by the way).

You keep saying that the programs 'hang', what do mean by that?  I've
tried the program and all I can say is that it works. Are you sure that
your client works correctly?

Regards
Jorgen