PEP 289: Generator Expressions (please comment)

Ville Vainio ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi
Fri Oct 24 06:27:04 EDT 2003

Holger Krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:

> At least I hope that generator expressions will only be introduced
> via a __future__ statement in Python 2.4 much like it happened with

Why? Does it break backwards compatibility somehow?

As far as readability goes, genexps seem to be pretty much as
readable/unreadable as list comprehensions. To me, BTW, the idea looks
great. However, I'm not completely sure about allowing them to be
creatad w/o parens in function calls, seems a bit too magical for my
taste.

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24