The compiler canard

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Oct 10 12:54:46 EDT 2003

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters wrote:
> Python never had an "aspiration" of being "just a scripting language",

Hmmm, at the start it sure seemed like that.  Check out

http://www.python.org/search/hypermail/python-1992/0001.html

actually from late '91.  By 1991 Guido was already calling Pyhton
"a prototyping language" and "a programming language" (so, the
"just a scripting language" was perhaps only accurate in 1990), but