PyQt, Qt, Windows and Linux

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Nov 2 18:17:39 EST 2003

Ken Godee <ken at perfect-image.com> writes:
[...]
> Maybe I'm missing something new here.........
>
> But as far as I know, you "DO NOT" need to buy a license
> from TrollTech or PyQt or buy anything to give it a try, as
> long as use is personal and not used in a commercial enviroment.
> The only thing is you would have to make do with the older
> ver.2.3(?) on windows and many do.
[...]

Yes: if (you're only using unix/linux) OR (you're happy to stick to Qt
2.x AND you're non-commercial), you don't need a license.  They were
talking about using Qt 3 on Windows: in that case, you do need a
license from both TT and Phil (ie. you need to buy BlackAdder, unless
you want to spend large quantities of cash for no reason).

John