Pygame and TKinter

email9898989 at yahoo.com email9898989 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 22:37:46 EST 2003

Lane LiaBraaten <lliabraa at isrparc.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.185.1067368262.702.python-list at python.org>...
> Does anyone know a way to insert a pygame surface into a tkinter gui?
> I am writing a program similar to a mpeg player, i.e. i need the mpeg pla
> ying
> capabilities of pygame and the gui stuff from tkinter.

See this page for how to do that in WxPython:
http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/IntegratingPyGame

To translate that code to Tkinter, you would use frame.winfo_id() to
get the window handle instead of wxpython's GetHandle().

But these are both basically just hacks.  Options for multimedia
playing/editing are slim in python.  You might use Java instead (see
jython), using either the java media framework or quicktime for java
(latter doesn't work on Linux).