Pygame and TKinter

Lane LiaBraaten lliabraa at isrparc.org
Mon Nov 3 11:06:14 EST 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 07:00 pm, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> In article <mailman.185.1067368262.702.python-list at python.org>, Lane
>
> LiaBraaten wrote:
> > Does anyone know a way to insert a pygame surface into a tkinter gui?
> > I am writing a program similar to a mpeg player, i.e. i need the mpeg
> > playing capabilities of pygame and the gui stuff from tkinter.
> >
> > TIA,
> > LGL
>
> There's a limited gui interface available with pygame.  You could also
> always make your own button icons and have them respond to button
> clicks.  What Tkinter widgets do you want to use in particular?

I need buttons, text inputs, and scrolling text output.  All I've found is the
text input from the pygame code repository site.  Rather than make my own
widgets I am planning to have one window for the mpeg viewer and one for the
rest of the GUI (although one window would be better).

Can you point me to any source code for buttons, or a scrolling textbox?

Also, as time is a factor, which design is likely to be faster (at run time,
not development):

1. Totally pygame interface with custom widgets (one window), or

2. pygame only for mpeg playing, and tkinter for the rest (2+ windows)

TIA,
LGL