case-sensitivity

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Nov 13 10:58:49 EST 2003

Ron Adam wrote:
> 4:  The editor or IDE matches what I enter to the names and then
> substitutes the proper case of the name at some definitive point.
> This ensures that the case is correct and the program compiles and
> runs normally.   If I choose a different editor then see #1 or #2.
> correcting while editing.   Number 4 is possible to do now, but I
> don't know of any editors that currently do it.  It would be a nice
> option to include in one I think.

Yes, looks like a nice idea for a middling-difficulty project with
IDLE, and it would be useful even if made _particularly_ unintrusive
(spelling correction would be done only on specific request, and
only when feasible without ambiguity regarding e.g. standard library
modules and names therein -- a really minimal part of [4], yet it
would STILL save quite some trouble/hassle to those using it...).

Alex