case-sensitivity

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Wed Nov 12 21:12:38 EST 2003

Ron Adam wrote:
> Which would you choose from the following?

Here are the options I see, in order of preference:

1. The compiler enforces a consistent capitalization scheme, preferably
all_lower_case.  Note that MixedCase is only consistent if PsychoTheRapist
is a different identifier than Psychotherapist.  Different syntactical
elements (identifiers vs keywords) are allowed to use different schemes.

2. Traditional case sensitivity: Bob and bOb are different identifiers.

3. Case insensitity.

What your editor does is an orthogonal issue and irrelevant to me; what my
editor does is let me type what I want without correcting me.

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com