plotting data against a time axis

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Nov 17 10:42:16 EST 2003

Alexander Schmolck wrote:
> Gerrit Holl <gerrit at nl.linux.org> writes:
> > zero experience, I don't know where to start. What makes it difficult
> > is that I have a time axis instead of a simple integer x-axis. Gnuplot
> > doesn't seem to be able to do this, or does it?
>
> > gnuplot
>
>         G N U P L O T
>         Version 3.8j patchlevel 0
>         last modified Wed Nov 27 20:49:08 GMT 2002
>
> Terminal type set to 'x11'
> gnuplot> help time
> Ambiguous request 'time'; possible matches:
>         time/date
>         time_specifiers
>         timefmt
>         timestamp
>
> Not what you want?

Hm, maybe it is, actually :). It seems my estimate was incorrect; to be
fair, I assumed Gnuplot was used solely for plotting functions, not data.
Maybe it is wise to invest some time in learning Gnuplot, I may be happy
with it later as well.

Thank you all (John, Alexander, Dennis, Paul) for the responses!

Gerrit.

--
275. If any one hire a ferryboat, he shall pay three gerahs in money
per day.