PIL, PNG and MIDP

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Nov 19 17:24:05 EST 2003

"Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys,GE Interlogix)" wrote:

> MIDP ImageLoader is complaining right now about an invalid
> CRC of the PNG?!  Well, the image conversion is very basic,
> Image.open('foo.jpg').save('foo.png', ''PNG')

PIL has supported PNG since 1996; if PIL's PNG writer doesn't work,
I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed that by now...

it sounds like you

1) have a broken PIL build (a broken zlib, most likely)
2) are doing something with the data on the way out (binary/text
mangling, or truncation)

can PIL read images created by other PNG tools (e.g. imagemagick,
pngtopnm, etc) on your box?  can other tools than MIDP read PNG
files created by PIL?

</F>