PIL, PNG and MIDP

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Nov 19 17:55:31 EST 2003

"Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix)" wrote:

> I'm lost.
> Please, if someone has any suggestion.....
> Even other libraries suggestions for Python are welcome, I just
> thought that PIL was the THE image library for Python.

Carefully check the MIDP spec and make sure that there aren't other
limitations on its use of PNGs that would result in a problem (which is
just presumably being reported incorrectly by the loader).

Try creating PNGs with the same bit depth and properties with other
software and see if the loader has any trouble opening them.

/  \
\__/ It [freedom] must be demanded by the oppressed.
    -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.