PIL and jpg -> png conversion, do I really need java for this???

Tobias Pfeiffer BoteDesSchattens at web.de
Thu Nov 20 15:40:22 EST 2003

Hi!

On 19 Nov 2003, Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix) wrote:

> I can't figure out why the PNG converted in PIL won't work in the
> MIDP applications written in Java. There is something different but
> I really don't know what. All PNG generated from ImageMagick, GIMP
> or whatever, they work fine, from PIL, no. The conversion in Java
> using JIMI works fine as well. The option of executing scripts from
> Python using these external tools is not really what I like.

What is with JPGs or other formats? Can you write them? How did you
install PIL? RPM? I'm on Debian Sarge and I have no single Java package
installed, and my PNGs work. So you don't need it, actually. And how did
you test the PNGs; opened them in GIMP or what?
May I give you a typical Windows hint? *grin* Take the newest version and
reinstall it...

Bye
Tobias