Rekall and associated software go 100% GPL

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Nov 9 22:06:35 EST 2003

Tim Churches wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> >
> > Tim Churches wrote:

> > cross-platform
> > yourself.
> > >
> > > This is most welcome news, but in the light of the recent, often
> > > confusing (or confused) discussion on this list over Rekall and the
> > > Kompany, could Shawn Gordon please comment on this announcement?
> >
> > When asking one party in a legal dispute to comment on public
> > announcements made by the other party, what exactly do you really
> > expect to learn?
>
> Merely to discover whether there is, in fact, a legal dispute over the intellectual
> property associated with Rekall.  I have had a private response from Shawn
> Gordon indicating that there is (and have asked his permission to copy his reply
> to this list). I have no interest in the details of the Rekall dispute, nor in who is right
> or who is wrong, only in whether Rekall is under an ownership cloud.

Ah, you probably missed the recent thread on this subject, where
it was made very clear (though implicitly) by both parties that
there is a dispute.  The statements they made showed that each
contradicted the other, and there seemed little question that this
was an issue that only a court case was likely to resolve.

-Peter