Food at Pycon

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Sun Nov 2 09:36:28 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 01:55:48AM -0500, Aahz wrote:

> I'm saddened that you chose not to write a balanced post about the
> subject, so here is some additional information for people:

Balanced or not, I have to agree with Laura. The food at PyCon earlier
this year was awful, especially for those of us who are
vegetarian. While, as a vegetarian, I'm used to getting treated like a
2nd class citizen at geek conferences, the vegetarian options at PyCon
were terrible. Of course, this is just about the only bad thing I can
say about the conference, but since the subject has come up...

Now I live in DC, near to the conference site, and will certainly be
at the next one; I'd appreciate the chance to not subsidize other
people's food consumption which I find morally problematic. Or, if I
do have to subsidize them, I'd at least like to have something I can
eat which is tasty and inoffensive.

Best,
Kendall Clark
--
Habitation creates space; space only exists because we do.