Food at Pycon

Wade Leftwich wade at lightlink.com
Sun Nov 2 08:59:42 EST 2003

Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.323.1067729740.702.python-list at python.org>...
> I thought that the food provided at PyCon last year was awful.  Now
> I find out it cost us approximately half the budget of PyCon, at
> 74$ a head.
[ snip ] ...

Well, for 3 days of lunches, coffee and muffins, soda and snacks, $74
is a pretty cheap catering price. Maybe it just seems high in the
context of a remarkably cost-effective conference.

I thought the lunchboxes were OK, and I would not want to take time
away from the conference to find my own food.

Salon.com has recently noted a trend of alpha geeks going on the
Atkins diet, so maybe next year we will need fewer chocolate chip
cookies and more pork chops.

-- Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY