python a bust?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Nov 14 19:13:12 EST 2003

Christopher Mahan:

> Now, if you're a consultant and bill "for the job" then in fact it
is
> in your best interest to use a language that can be written quickly
> do a particular set of tasks.

Fifteen years ago I had a job where I lifted county court seals and
clerk signatures from originals and prepared gifs from them.  It
involved a fair amount of effort to clean things up and eventually I
got it down to about 2 hours per image.  When I switched from billing
by the hour to simply 'billing by the job' and they saw what they were
paying per image, they brought the job in house.

Sometimes-it-works-and-sometimes-it-don't-ly y'rs,

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com