python a bust?

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 17:50:18 EST 2003

"Thomas Guettler" <guettli at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message
> Me, too. I like python very much. But most people
> who use computers since 1996 use either java, perl, C or bash.
>
> They know their language and don't want to change.
>
> One reason could be: python is too simple. If you write
> code that nobody understands (perl) you are a guru.

>  thomas

I think also that when people get paid per hour, the longer the
project, the more they make.

Subconsiously I think, people don't necessarily want computer
languages that are written fast.

Now, if you're a consultant and bill "for the job" then in fact it is
in your best interest to use a language that can be written quickly to
do a particular set of tasks.

Chris Mahan