wxPython - wx package (new style wxPython?)

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Tue Nov 25 19:05:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:01:59 +0100, Logan wrote:
> Would you recommend to use the wx package of wxPython?

Because it removes the redundancy in the module object names, yes.  As
for any other qualities the 'wx' package might have, I can't say; if
it's exactly the same functionality and call styles as the existing
wxPython.wx then I can't see a reason not to use it.

> From the documentation:
>
>   Provides a way to drop the wx prefix from wxPython objects by
>   dynamically loading and renaming objects from the real wxPython
>   package.  This is the first phase of a transition to a new style
>   of using wxPython.
>
> What does 'this is the first phase of a transition to a new style
> using wxPython' in the above mean? Will this new style become the
> only way to use wxPython in future releases?

'from foo import *' is heavily deprecated in any case; this "new style
of using wxPython" is merely saying (AIUI) that the 'wx' package allows
a more natural usage of wxPython objects without needing to use a
deprecated import style.

--
 \         "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."  ("Whatever is |
  `\                   said in Latin, sounds profound.")  -- Anonymous |