[XPOST] [REQ] open source multimedia authoring tools? In python maybe?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Thu Nov 6 14:08:32 EST 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:45:16 +0100, stefanogaburri
<StefanoZAP.THIS at gaburri.net> wrote:

>Kevin Ollivier wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on just what you are asking for. =) It's called
>> EClass.Builder and it basically is for creating HTML-based e-learning
>> modules for delivery via Internet/CD-ROM.
>
>Yay! It'll save me some hand-coding :)
>Seriously, I'd love to check it out and maybe contribute; I'm gonna
>subscribe now to the mailing list; I'll see you there...
>
>I wonder why I didn't find it on sourceforge? I tried every possible
>keyword from "authoring" to "CBT" to "e-learning" but Eclass didn't come
>out. Oh well, that's what USenet is for I guess (besides flame wars, of
>course)

Bad choice of keywords on my part, I guess. =) I realized I used
"learning" instead of "e-learning" and "building" (since it's called
EClass.Builder) instead of "authoring". I wish SF would let you
specify keywords separately, because it's hard to write a short
description that includes a majority of the keywords users would
search for. But it was categorized under "Computer Assisted
Instruction". :-)

Seriously, I'm glad that I found another Python programmer with the
same area of interest - I think it's an area that badly needs an open
source alternative to what is out there. Educators aren't really the
types to have bundles of cash to spend on development!

Thanks,

Kevin