Pychecker under Windows

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 26 01:17:47 EST 2003

"Kylotan" <kylotan at hotmail.com> wrote ...
> Is there a practical way to use Pychecker in Windows? It doesn't work
> under IDLE. (In fact, it seems to end up breaking everything, and
> every subsequent statement and expression I execute gets ignored.)
> Running it from the Python interpreter in DOS means everything scrolls
> off the screen. Ideally I'd like to redirect it to a file, or be able
> to use it in IDLE.

You can redirect python output to a file from the Windows command line. The
only caveat is for *some* command processors (NT in particular, IIRC) output
redirection only works if you explicitly call the python interpreter (i.e.
use the command "python prog.py > file.out") rather than implicitly call it
(i.e. use the command "prog.py > file.out").

regards
"I'd spoll my own name wring if I didn't have a spilling chocker"