Looking for an http proxy server written in Python

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 18 11:16:51 EST 2003

Thanks, Alan,

Your resource page is very helpful and your "Why" section explains exactly
why I'm interested in this.  At first blush it looks like httpMonitor is
most in line with what I'm planning, namely, the ability to do arbitrary
processing on requests and responses.

The problem I've run across so far is transparency and performance.  I've
written my own proxy server and experimented with WebDebug and found that
some things slow down considerably and other things don't seem to pass
through at all.  I want, as much as possible, for the proxy to pass
requests and responses through in a way that makes no difference to the
client, but gives me a hook to hang selective logging, storage, and other
processing on.

That's why I specified production-quality and HTTP/1.1 compliance.  If I
could just find a proxy server that forwarded requests and responses
seamlessly, I'd be happy.

Thanks again,
Chris

"Okey dokey.. free my mind. Right, no problem, free my mind, free my mind,
no problem, right... "  -The Matrix