Should I write a book on Python Metaprogramming ?

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Wed May 7 06:03:52 EDT 2003

David Mertz, Ph.D. wrote:

> |Where do I send my check?
>
> My address was listed in the proposal.  Any amounts accepted. :-)
>
> Actually, in the last few days (after seeing some responses,
> especially), I've started to think really seriously about writing it for
> self-publication.  I looked into this before, and getting a printer is
> not hard, and only costs a few dollars per book (it depends a bit on
> print runs, paper type, colors on cover, etc.; but it's a quite small
> percentage of the cover price in any case).

Have you thought about a Book on Demand service? (for example www.bod.com or
something similar)

You'd probably get the best of both worlds: a better share/book and
worldwide distribution.

Since you are well known in the Python community, I'd imagine that you could
cover the initial costs by preordered (and prepayed books).

Stephan

[...]