HELP needed: Tricks for licensing Python software

Max Khesin max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com
Wed May 28 15:11:55 EDT 2003

Sorry for the post mess, I copy-pasted from google... Here is a confirmation
of the nonobvious smiley:
:)
> In no incarnation does copy protection gain my favor.
> I use legal agreements, service contracts, maintenance
> contracts, on-site training, etc... as a way to keep tabs
> on my deployed stuff.
>
> Why?  Because, in my experience, customers appreciate
> being pampered, hand-held, etc... so as to maximize the
> performance of any tool they're purchasing, and, they're
> willing to pay extra for that attention.
>
> <0.1 wink>

I agree with you on custom installs, but I do not see how you envision
making money in shrink-wrap industry. I think if installs could be
downloaded directly from the site and re-deployed for free by a simple file
copy without having to download the 'evil' version from kazaa, the
shrink-wrap industry would be "easily overcome".

cheers,
max.