Twisted

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Sat May 31 07:47:20 EDT 2003

David Mertz wrote:
> I suppose I'm pretty guilty of the same sin.  I've never used an IRC,
so
> no sinfulness on that channel.  But if you check the history of my
posts
> to this group, I'm sure it shows a disproportionate number of plugs
for
> my own software or articles as a solution to discussed problems (and
not
> so many suggestions for other developers quite excellent libraries).

Sackcloth and ashes[1], David. Henceforth you should only ever use the
third person when referring to yourself or your work. Furthermore, you
should ask your colleague, Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters, to write your IBM
DeveloperWorks articles for you, in order to avoid further such
self-accusation. Besides, we are familiar with your mug shot (at the
foot of each DeveloperWorks article), but we really want to see what
Lulu looks like.

Tim C

[1] "For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre
and Sidon, they would long ago have repented, sitting in sackcloth and
ashes." Luke 10:13b