A little disappointed so far

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun May 18 21:51:38 EDT 2003

    Graham> I suppose so, unless you've some sort of temporary file creation
    Graham> function.

pydoc tempfile

    Graham> Tell me more, please - I'm confused by that statement.  Do you
    Graham> mean that I should have run dir (IIRC) on the os module?

That's one thing you can try, but you might find the builtin help() function
(or the pydoc script I alluded to above):

    >>> import tempfile
    >>> help(tempfile)
    Help on module tempfile:

    NAME
        tempfile - Temporary files.

    FILE
        /Users/skip/local/lib/python2.3/tempfile.py

    DESCRIPTION
        This module provides generic, low- and high-level interfaces for
        creating temporary files and directories.  The interfaces listed

Skip