[OT]:Help with project hosting on sourceforge

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed May 28 07:31:17 EDT 2003

>>>>> "vivek" == vivek kumar <gupt_vive at hotmail.com> writes:

    vivek> also :'-(. Although I have an alpha version ready for the
    vivek> application but I am unable to set the things on
    vivek> sourceforge. I have recently downloaded the "Open Source
    vivek> Dev. with CVS" and "TortoiseCVS" and currently trying to
    vivek> learn how to use CVS.

The place to start is http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=1.
There is extensive sourceforge documentation.  See especially the
following sections:

E. Information for Members (Developers) of SourceForge.net Projects

   E2. Regarding the Use of Project Shell Services
   E4. Introduction to SSH on SourceForge.net
   E5. Guide to generating, posting and using SSH keys

F. Version Control with CVS (Concurrent Versions System)

   F1. Basic Introduction to CVS and SourceForge.net Project CVS Services
   F2. Introduction to SourceForge.net Project CVS Services for Developers

G. Information for Project Administrators

   G1. Getting started with SourceForge.net
   G4. Guide to the File Release System (FRS)

A few weeks ago I started my first sf project, and though it took a
couple of days, I found the documents above gave good step-by-step
instructions.

Good luck!
John Hunter