problems using magic "<broadcast>" socket address on different platforms

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Mon May 5 06:21:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Irmen de Jong wrote:

> Interesting enough, I just got an email that the so-called
> "framework" build of Python 2.3b on Mac OS X works fine again
> with "<broadcast>". I can't explain this-- I thought this issue
> was in the underlying BSD socket API, and *not in Python*.
> (my C test programs confirmed this)... I'm really confused now.

You might, if you haven't already, want to check the python-dev archives
because there was a small thread about "<broadcast>" in relation to some
other socket changes, on or about April 9 last.

I can't tell whether it relates to your problem or not.

Regards,
Andrew.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616