problem with distutils bdist RPM

Jerome Alet alet at unice.fr
Mon May 5 04:39:28 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've got a problem when creating a binary RPM package with :

  $ python setup.py bdist --formats rpm

The package contains manual pages which are normally uncompressed,
but the rpm command fails telling me that it can't find uncompressed
manual pages in the fake root (RPM build error 'File not found' for each
manual page). In fact in the fake root directory created
by the rpm commands, manual pages are there but in compressed form.

Could anyone explain me where the problem comes from ?

If I generate an sdist package then there's no problem.

PS : I'm under Debian GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet