The most annoying typo error...

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed May 7 17:13:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 01:00, Peter Ballard wrote:
> ....Is when I do something like this:
>
> x = somefunction(a, b, c, d),
>
> and when I run Python I get a TypeError error.

As suggested, it may be something that PyChecker could be made to do, or
more likely, a tool that you build yourself (if nothing else, it can
scan for ")," in the code and you can visually check.  A more automated
approach would remember recent past scans and only report new occurences
of "),".  Probably an hour of work in Python at most.)

On a slightly different note, you may want to take a quick look at
SciPy's 'Traits' package (it is avilable standalone).  It can help by
enforing strict typing on object attributes, and is very easy to use.

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/traits/introduction
http://www.scipy.org/site_content/traits/Traits_Users_Guide.htm

--

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)