ImportError: No module named gtkhtml2

Carmen Alfaro perritos_con_frio at bluewin.ch
Thu May 29 12:20:15 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,
  I am a Python newbie, and while trying to run an application entirely
written in Python I encounter the following problem :

    import gtkhtml2
ImportError: No module named gtkhtml2

The application was installed in from an rpm, and I had no problems
while installing it.

I've queried the rpm packages and I have the package which should in
theory gives the proper python support for gtkhtml2, which is
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-1.99.11-8; I also have these packages installed:

pygtk2-1.99.12-7
gtk2-2.0.6-8
gtk2-devel-2.0.6-8
gtkhtml2-2.0.1-2
gtkhtml-1.0.4-3

but I'm not sure if I'm missing any other package in order to
successfully import gtkhtml2, or if my version uses another method
to gain the gtkhtml2 functionality. My python version is Python 2.2.1,
and all the packages I've installed come from the original RedHat8.0
CDs, I haven't done any upgrade.

Could someone give me a hand, please?