Array design question

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at storm.ca._nospam
Fri May 30 11:46:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003 12:52:06 +0200, Peter Slizik <peter.slizik at pobox.sk> wrote:
> Thanks, I know I can use a dictionary. But I think the usage of a
> hash-table in the place where 'ordinary' array could be employed is at
> least unaesthetical. It is also inefficient.

    Then you don't understand PHP very well either. PHP arrays are
associative. In other words, they're not arrays, they're hashes, so
they're _always_ inefficient.

    When PHP has sane error handling and namespace support, I might try
using it again. Right now it's too badly designed.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier at digitaltorque.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix