Looking for a basic GUI tutorial

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Tue May 6 22:25:07 EDT 2003

OP> >  I have concluded that I just have no clue
> > as to what truly interactive (GUI) programming is all about.

KA> I don't see how this addresses the original question about GUIs or
> event driven programming.

It addresses  the OP by simplifying the problem and allowing him to get
productive sooner.

> event driven programming. Unless you're using JavaScript or some other
> scripting language in the HTML to manipulate the DOM you aren't
programming
> an event driven GUI you are just doing form design

Actually, the 17 line example uses Python as a scripting language.  The
current directory is output on the page given to the user.

Far more complicated possibilities abound.

> are just glorified 3270 terminals
Amazon, Google, interactive maps, threaded discussion forums, are some of
the things people have done with an html interface.

> The original poster is already familiar with that
> paradigm.
Then he may be able to use it right away.
--

Dennis Reinhardt

DennisR at dair.com   http://www.spamai.com?ng_clp