Looking for a basic GUI tutorial

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Tue May 6 19:26:31 EDT 2003

Dennis, I don't see how this addresses the original question about GUIs or
event driven programming. Unless you're using JavaScript or some other
scripting language in the HTML to manipulate the DOM you aren't programming
an event driven GUI you are just doing form design and the HTML interface
with forms are just glorified 3270 terminals where the user fills out some
fields, hits submit, the backend processes results in bulk procedurally and
spits out a new page. The original poster is already familiar with that
paradigm.

ka

"Dennis Reinhardt" <DennisR at dair.com> wrote in message
news:N0Wta.22$W45.4 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> ...  various GUI threads ... pick up Python in my spare time, and
> while I can program simple stuff, I have concluded that I just have no
clue
> as to what truly interactive (GUI) programming is all about.

Try http://www.spamai.com/hello.php  This should get you running, not
reading.

This is a complete Python Hello world project in 17 lines.  It displays on a
Web Browser and you can use html for a user interface.  There are no books
to read because it is a very simple framework.  Html is not the last word in
user interfaces but its capabilities and limitations are very well
understood.
--

Dennis Reinhardt

DennisR at dair.com   http://www.spamai.com?ng_clp