Python modules and FAQ

Vincent Yau yauv at ohsu.edu
Mon May 12 19:18:35 EDT 2003

Dear All

I am a Python newbie and I have python 2.1.1 running
on Solaris.  I have been trying to use it to parse some XML
files.    I have a hard time getting enough documentation
to to describe how modules are setup.   For example, I am
trying to use SAX class to parse XML and I am running into
weird errors.

Latest error is that it is complaining that I do not
have parsers installed.  I do not have PyXML but I thought
the sax.xml comes with expat parser (I do see expat.py in
my Python installation).

Can anyone point me to a good and thorough FAQ for
reading up on Python?  I do have the standard docs
but it covers tutorial which is helpful but does not quite
go into setup and stuff.  Or at least I do not notice
it, perhaps I overlook.

Thanks

--Vincent
yauv at ohsu.edu