Specifying a module when Unpickling

Markus Wankus markus_wankus at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 16:24:34 EDT 2003

On Thu, 08 May 2003 15:05:59 -0400, David Mertz <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:

> Markus Wankus <markus_wankus at hotmail.com> wrote previously:
> |This all seems to work great, but I was wondering if I have overlooked
> |something.  Is there a way to tell the unpickler to use a certain
> module?
> |Is what I have done above *bad* for any particular reason?
>
> FYI. gnosis.xml.pickle has a standard mechanism to deal with
> substituting modules and classes on load.  Of course, these pickles are
> bigger and slower than cPickles... but at least they have more
> capabilities.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reminder.  Yeah - I just downloaded this the other day and
played with it.  I wish I had found this a long time ago because it looks
very mature and I like it a lot.

My problem is - my *binary* pickles are now out in the wild and I need to
support and deal with them...  I wonder if there is a way to apply your
module-passing-on-load mechanisms to the standard Pickle module...hmmm.

--
Markus