[Q]:Generate Unique ID's

Yan Weng yweng at cs.uoregon.edu
Sat May 24 23:01:28 EDT 2003

I agree. But from my experience, the GUID way works if you only wants a
unique ID. (no privacy consideration.)

If you really prefer the random unique ID, I guess we should get the random
seed from nature. I have heard there was some one used  the weather data to
create random seed.  From my knowledge, that way is "random enough".

- Yan

news:3ED02EA3.C7280CD5 at engcorp.com...