Textbooks?

Ben Allfree benles at bldigital.com
Fri May 2 15:11:55 EDT 2003

I also taught a programming course for beginners and used Python. Although
there is no text book that is as good as the online resources, it forces
students to participate actively by getting involved with the actual tools
and community. And I think that is of great benefit.

Also, there are several texts that cover basic programming principals, and I
think it's a good exercise to let the students translate those into Python
requirements as they learn about the language. (i.e., what is a loop good
for...ok now go figure out how to write one in Python).