Automating A Windows Installations

Pete Markowsky peterm at ccs.neu.edu
Mon May 12 11:19:15 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been charged with the task of updating both a window 2000 install
and a windows NT 4 install. I have all of the patches and hotfixes but
would really rather not have to click through the all the menus. This
seems like it would be a really good thing to automate with a
script. However I'm not sure if or how python can interact with the
menus windows pops up(I'd use a more technical term but I don't know
what to call them). If anyone could give me any pointers as to how to
write a script to automate this it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Pete