Passing an object from VB using Microsoft's Script Control to python

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu May 29 18:58:58 EDT 2003

Max Barry wrote:

> I am trying to run Python using Microsoft's Script Control in VB and when I
> pass a Scripting.Dictionary as an object, I cannot access Items(), Count()
> or Keys().  I can't even get to a item using its key value.  The following
> error is displayed when trying to access the dictionary:
>
> Unexpected Python Error: pywintypes.com_error:(-2147467263, 'Not
> implemented', None, None)(Python COM Server Internal Error)

You should register the ActiveScripting engine for debugging - run
"win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py --debug", then use the
Pythonwin "Remote Trace Collector" to see the output.  This "internal
error" should have an exception that you can now see.

If you can find that, we would be in a much better position to diagnose.

Mark.